VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Send gallery to the web
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:29 pm 

Some ideas:

1) SWF export
Possiblity to export to the web using a very standard/popular format like Flash. VRML is nice, but not as "standard" yet because basic users will not install easily the plugin for their browser: this is enough to stop a lot of users that just want to visit a photo gallery.

2) Clickable pictures
To let the user go to another page on demand, from that picture. The 5 start feature I am thinking about is the ability to integrate a zoomify object in the gallery: whaou! But just clicking on the picture to go to an html page would be enough for me.

3) a way to easily switch to a full screen view of a picture because it is not always easy to place yourself in front of the picture to see it correctly, underformed, and full screen

4) moves controlled by heyboard, just with the cursor arrows. Mouse only is not very convenient.

5) last idea: keep going! Your software is a good and innovative idea. I'd like more realistic 3D galleries, maybe using real pictures instead of textures, but it is maybe because I am using too much G. Earth ;-) Great job!

Post subject: Re: Send gallery to the web
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:13 am 
Site Admin

plouceur wrote:
Some ideas:

1) SWF export
Possiblity to export to the web using a very standard/popular format like Flash. VRML is nice, but not as "standard" yet because basic users will not install easily the plugin for their browser: this is enough to stop a lot of users that just want to visit a photo gallery.

Well-reasoned! And actually we have similar ideas. We’ve chosen VRML as older but more popular format than its successor X3D. And also we have idea to implement W3D format support. This is Shockwave 3D format, which is also ex-Macromedia and now-Adobe format.

plouceur wrote:
2) Clickable pictures
To let the user go to another page on demand, from that picture. The 5 start feature I am thinking about is the ability to integrate a zoomify object in the gallery: whaou! But just clicking on the picture to go to an html page would be enough for me.

Don’t know about Shockwave 3D, but in VRML this can be done easily! So probably this feature will appear in the next version.

plouceur wrote:
3) a way to easily switch to a full screen view of a picture because it is not always easy to place yourself in front of the picture to see it correctly, underformed, and full screen

There is such a hotkey. The Enter key :wink:

plouceur wrote:
4) moves controlled by heyboard, just with the cursor arrows. Mouse only is not very convenient.

And these keys are implemented too... :wink: These are “gamer’s arrows”, that is W, A, S and D.

plouceur wrote:
5) last idea: keep going! Your software is a good and innovative idea. I'd like more realistic 3D galleries, maybe using real pictures instead of textures, but it is maybe because I am using too much G. Earth ;-) Great job!

Thanks for appreciation! We’ll definitely keep!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:14 am 

Okay for the keys. Enter is obvious, the gamer keys are not so obvious in a pure web context but the feature is there!

Another remark: keep it small in memory and fast to run, especially for web format. This is not a drawback of your current solution I think, but it is something to keep avoiding in future releases.

This remark because I have tried a similar solution to yours, with galleries available as download: they are very nice but the files are big and on my laptop (Dell D810), it is extremely long to start and then just keeping the CPU around 100%... :?

Thanks for the answers, I cannot wait for the next release !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

OK, we will work in this line too! :wink: