VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2 COLOR CORRECTION WIZARD users:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:08 pm 

Dear users of Color Correction Wizard!

We would like to know your opinion about the resize method used in the program.
At the moment, when you use the resize method, all images are resized proportionally and "letterboxed" – placed inside the rectangle of the same size as the template image. The rest of the rectangle area is filled with the specified background color.

But it does not always provide a perfect solution. For instance, if you want to align images horizontally/ vertically, placing them in a row, it makes sense to resize all items to be the same height OR width as the template image.

Or you may want to set the target size for all images yourself - say, make all pictures 300 pixels high. It can be useful both for creating thumbnails and image galleries.

YOUR OPINION IS IMPORTANT!

If you think the discussed features are useful, we’ll add them in the next Color Correction Wizard version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:36 pm 

Hi there

Yes, it would be very useful to be able to define how an image is resized - being able to resize a batch to a specific height or width would be especially handy.

All the best

Rowan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:41 am 

I made some suggestions in the general-part:

http://room.vicman.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21

Resizing Picture don´t help very much if the picture-file has the same size and only the picture is smaller with a colored background.

That ist not, was I unterstand under "resizing a picture".

My DSLR has a piturce-size of 3000x2000 Pic, that is needed for picture-printing, but never needed for "Internet-Publishing".

Resizing has to reduce the real nummer of Pixel and the file-size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:30 am 

Hi Zuseher!
Thanks for your idea, we'll take it into consideration in the future.

Post subject: Batch resizer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:11 am 

Hello All,

This is a very interesting topic as I have been doing resizing photos for some time now. I have never found a photo that would be exact size, say a 4"x6" size. Most cameras go by pixel sizes which hardly ever match the linear reduction without loosing some of the critical parts of the photo! If you can accept some variations of stretching which causes odd looking photos depending on the amount, I suppose some programs could do this. However, as great as it may appear, I honestly doubt there will be a bulk sizing program which does a correct job with all types of cameras!
As I mentioned above, resizing for perfect photos is a one by one job!
I use ADOBE to do resizing and crop. Sometimes I have to clone in a bit of the background to make the overal photo correct. Usually, I only do this on very important keep type photos. The others as you do, will have to take what they get!
Here is hoping someone somewhere will come up with a program that will do a really great job!
It also would be nice if the camera mfg.s would make the chips to a standard format or selectable ratio, then everything would be great, just resize and forget it!
Good luck to all and hope everyone enjoys the final products when they are resized.
Gen. D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Do you mean something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIFCV2spKtg?