VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Photo Toolkit VS Vista
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:25 am 

Every time I try to use the program, I get an immediate error...saying Photo Toolkit has stopped working and will now close. Windows will try to solve the problem...but there is evidently no solution. The same with Cartoonist. I try running them in administrator mode, as well as trying to run them in the compatibility mode for windows xp. Any advice? :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for the bug report.
And what Vista version do you have? As Photo Toolkit and Cartooninst work fine on my Windows Vista Business x64.
Anyway, this week we plan to release new version of Photo Toolkit (it will be named Photo! Editor and hosted on pho.to), try to use it, probably it will work! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:22 pm 

I have Vista Home Premium...I hope the new program will work for me...I LOVE Photo Toolkit and Cartoonist! I'll keep a watch out for the new one. Thanks!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:27 am 

I have both Win XP Pro on one computer and I am running Vista on my new one not wishing to quit XP with Vista untried I have used the program succesfully on XP but, the program will not load properly on Vista, I have brought this up with the organisation I belong to, this teaches computer to seniors and we are still finding Vista non conductive to many non microsoft programs e.g. Nero, audio burning, photo editing etc. so the teaching is all on XP at the moment.
In other words it seems that it has taken the peoples choice out of the use of what we want - leaving us only what microsoft tells us we must use.
We are still trying to answer all our own queries before we teach anybody Vista and it looks like being some time before this happens as we will not teach out of the book without first being conversant with the product.

shuttabug :? 8)