VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi all, I am searching for a photo to sketch program
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:37 pm 

I am new to the digital editing realm but I am a painter/sketcher from the pen & pencil era. :lol: I want to convert my photos to sketches so I can paint them {wall murals etc...} Can anyone help me out?
Also I need to clean up some photos I took 7 yrs ago on a 35 mm but I only have prints in photo albulm no negatives.
I thank you all for any info and want to say "Very nice work"in the galleries Lilspoiledbratt[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to digital universe!
Unfortunately I’m not sketcher, so I couldn’t give you professional opinion, but I could advice you to check up these tools:
http://www.newfreedownloads.com/find/sketch.html
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best ... tware.html
Maybe you will find there what you need! :wink:

Post subject: Try these
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:04 pm 

Hi, I was just recently looking for the same kind of software. Here are a couple suggestions... Most of the major digital imaging software packages have tools to manipulate a photo so that it looks like a sketch (or oil painting, or water color). Adobe Photoshop (and Photoshop Elements) has them, and also Corel Paintshop. These are the two I am most familiar with, but I'm sure there are many others. When you apply an "artistic effect" to a photo, the results are usually reasonable using the default settings, and can be tweaked by changing settings (brush stroke size, etc.) for the effect. As an artist, you may be more picky than me about the end result. If you want more control, and possibly a better result, there are third-party companies offfering software "plugins" that are more specialized for applying artistic effects. The three that seemed most promising to me are "Virtual Painter", "SnapArt", and "Art Studio Pro". You can find these with a google search, and they all have trial/demo versions that you can download.

About your old photos (with no negative), your only recourse is to scan the photos (at the highest possible resolution and color depth), then edit them digitally to clean up defects (scratches, etc.). If you don't have a high resolution scanner of your own, you may be able to have a local photo processing store scan and digitize the images for you (and put them on a CD-ROM).

I'm a professional computer consultant, and I've been working with digital images for years - yet the stuff I don't know about digital image processing is vastly more than what I do know. My advice would be to select one of the major digital imaging packages (Photoshop Elements is well regarded for beginners), and spend some time learning about it.

Good luck!

Post subject: Sketch Program
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:23 pm 

Here's the best one on the market....
http://www.neuraltek.com/
some examples I've done playing with it:
http://e-lottoticket.com/sketch/index.html

well worth the 19 bucks

Post subject: re: photo to sketch
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:10 pm 

Paint shop pro 11 is a terrific program. You can actually change your photos to any medium. Good luck!