VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Populating The Galleries
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:07 pm 

Hello everyone,

I would like to congratulate all those in the team responsible for MyPictures3D. It is an excellent concept and the 6 galleries available (at time of posting) offer a good choice of viewing environments.

However, it seems to me that the overall visual presentation could be greatly improved by giving users a guide to making the best picture selections. That is to say, a set of images to best fit with the way the software constructs its galleries and allocates the number, location and shape of ‘frame spaces’ within each.

While trying out the ‘population’ of the software with various selections of images, I found that a number of questions came to mind:

1) What is the maximum (and minimum) number if images that can (or should) be ‘associated’ with the program?

2) Is this number the same for all galleries or does it vary?

3) If one specifies too many images for simultaneous use, how does the program decide which to include and which to discard?

4) Does the original image size affect the way it is allocated ‘frame space’?

5) Is there an optimum set of ‘aspect ratios’ whose inclusion will ensure the best fit of pictures to frames (i.e. can we avoid the allocation of inappropriate frame shapes to pictures that seems to happen now, by selecting a set of pictures that accurately matches what the program wants to create as a complete set of ‘frame shapes’)?

6) How can we assign sufficient appropriate pictures to utilise every usable wall space in the chosen gallery?

7) Will the program run more efficiently if all images to be allocated are first copied into one specific folder, or does the original location of images make no difference?

I feel that a set of rules on the above, or at least some guidance as to how the program decides to place and frame supplied pictures, would allow users to assign a set of images that would result in the best visual presentation. Perhaps these guidelines could be included in the supplied help file.

In addition, the possibility to assign a different selection of images to each gallery would allow for a rapid change of visual experience. :shock:

Sincerely,

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:04 am 

Hello!
Really good questions!!! 8)
We're going to specify this information in the next version help.

1,2) The maximum number of pictures for every gallery is fixed:
Greek – 33; Tower – 33; ShowRoom – 24; Castle – 24; Yard – 23; Christmas – 23.

3) The program loads the pictures at a random way.

4,5) It doesn't matter. This is the bug which we still can't fix. It depends mostly on video card. But the next version promises to fix it.

6) this question isn't so clear for me =). do you want a gallery to allow loading of more pictures?

7) the original location of images make no difference.