VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Adding Frames and More Questions
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:21 am 

Hi!

I'm new as of today and am really glad to have found this software!!! I'm still learning how to use it, but was wondering if there is a way to add frames? I have bare walls which could be used to add frames for pictures. Also, can the frames be changed?

One more thing...my computer has locked up several times. I updated my graphics drivers which seemed to help, but it happened again just a little while ago. I have to turn the computer off with the off button because everything is locked up. It seems to work fine after I start the computer again.

Thanks,

Barbara

Post subject: Re: Adding Frames and More Questions
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:24 pm 

Barbie48 wrote:
Hi!

I'm new as of today and am really glad to have found this software!!! I'm still learning how to use it, but was wondering if there is a way to add frames? I have bare walls which could be used to add frames for pictures. Also, can the frames be changed?

One more thing...my computer has locked up several times. I updated my graphics drivers which seemed to help, but it happened again just a little while ago. I have to turn the computer off with the off button because everything is locked up. It seems to work fine after I start the computer again.

Thanks,

Barbara

As I may have stated in my previous reply Barbara, what it boils down to is that this program isn't particularly friendly for laptops. You have to have a very fast video driver for this program to work properly. It doesn't seem to want to work very well for example even in Windows 98. The number of frames is preset and you cannot add additional frames on the walls. The frames cannot be changed but they will adapt to whatever digital image you happen to drag onto them. In order for the frame to fit completely around the picture select "adapt" from your choices in the frame will order the digital image completely without any open space.

George Richards

Post subject: Frames etc.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:09 pm 

Hello again George,

Earlier on, I updated the video driver but it didn't change my experience. I replied to your earlier post about the video driver. I think I misspoke and said I was going to purchase a new laptop which, according to your message won't help much because of the video cards used in laptops. I do have a desktop and will reinstall the program on the desktop to see how it works.

Thanks for the tip on the "adapt" tool.

Barbara

Post subject: Re: Frames etc.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:19 pm 

Barbie48 wrote:
Hello again George,

Earlier on, I updated the video driver but it didn't change my experience. I replied to your earlier post about the video driver. I think I misspoke and said I was going to purchase a new laptop which, according to your message won't help much because of the video cards used in laptops. I do have a desktop and will reinstall the program on the desktop to see how it works.

Thanks for the tip on the "adapt" tool.

Barbara

Sorry about that. I've already sent a reply to that post which is now not going to be useful. Your desktop computer will of course need to have Windows XP running. It can be a real mess and Windows 98.