VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: PLEASE HELP! Computer Crash-Lockup Problem
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:42 pm 

Hello,

I just purcased 3D picutre album. I have a laptop running Windows XP and have 2 gigs of memory. "Every" time I start to move around in the album maze, my computer completely locks up - crashes - and the only thing I can do is turn off the computer with the on/off button.

I really want to use the application. Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong with my setup or ???

Thanks,

Barbara[/list]

Post subject: Video Card
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:14 pm 

You are using Windows XP and you appear to have sufficient memory to run any software program, much less this one.

However, laptops are notorious for running video cards that do not meet standard requirements. I suspect that the video card in your laptop may not be sufficient to run this program. I would suggest taking the laptop to an authorized repair center and at least discuss the possibility with a service technician. I have noticed when running my galleries on different computers they behave differently on slower video cards and cause problems similar to the one you describe. I hope this helps.

George Richards

Post subject: Video Cards
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:03 pm 

Hello George,

I'm glad to see your response. I've tried just about everything else and I think you are on to something here. I am planning to purcase a new computer (laptop). What kind of video card should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Barbara

Post subject: Re: Video Cards
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:17 pm 

Barbie48 wrote:
Hello George,

I'm glad to see your response. I've tried just about everything else and I think you are on to something here. I am planning to purcase a new computer (laptop). What kind of video card should I be looking for?

Thanks!

Barbara

As you are probably aware, the technology changes daily. I could suggest one thing one day and the next day would be outdated. However, the fastest model Ge-Force video card that can be placed into a laptop would be my choice. My video card has 128 megs of RAM alone which used to be very fast only a few months ago. Now it's old hat. It's difficult to say whether a laptop would take a video card with that much RAM but that's one of the questions you're going to have to ask when you're making inquiries. Without the video processing you will always have problems with this program so this is definitely the place to begin.

Keep me posted on how things are going for you. I'd like to know if this was helpful.