VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: My Pictures 3D Album Update
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:58 pm 

Could we have an update for My Pictures 3D. It is now September. Where are we now. Is there a problem? I think that this your most fascinated product and it seem not to be given the priority it deserves. Everyone loves this product and would like to be in the light some more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for respect!)
Yes. Now Artem is working on exporting to web in Shockwave format, accustoms to Macromedia Director and tricky extensions of Lingo. There is a number of pitfalls, certainly. These are troubles with climbing the stairs: probably adding invisible plane will be required. Also seems there is no advanced support for mouse movements by default. So we are investigating alternative solutions.
I’m working on extras for both Shockwave and VRML exporters.
Natasha and Katya are working on new galleries. Trying to remember which, but unsuccessfully..) If you are interested I can post it here later.
Andrey is successfully managing this and other projects)
So, here is the state of work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:14 am 

Thanks for the update, although there was no time frame stated.

What has happened to the Sound , and the ability to control the number of frames used in a particular gallery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:28 am 

I would like to test MyPictures3D new updates, pls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

slowly wrote:
Thanks for the update, although there was no time frame stated.

Yes, time frame can’t be stated precisely yet. It depends on the terms of overcoming of pitfalls, two mentioned above and new unknown yet.

slowly wrote:
What has happened to the Sound, and the ability to control the number of frames used in a particular gallery?

The best way to make full sound support is to switch to the latest version of Irrlicht Engine, but this is connected with assiduous investigating, merging, fixing, testing and once more fixing. So likely we won’t be in time for the end of month.
And what about controlling the number of frames, I recently investigated this topic and found that empty frames appear only in My Pictures 3D Album. But when you export to any format, they disappear. At least this worked for me on some galleries I’ve tested. Isn’t the same for you?

Mrali wrote:
I would like to test MyPictures3D new updates, pls.

OK, Mrali, as anything appears we will necessarily send it to you! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:47 pm 

Hi Maxim

Where are we now?

I have heard or seen nothing. This realy kills the enthusiasm and momentum .
Please let us know if there are any progress or we have seen the product at its full potential as it is now and should not look for anything else.

I think that you need to tell the community what is the realty as of now, will there be an upgrade, will it cost, will you meet the October deadline, etc.?

We should have been in BETA now, but no word.

I might be out of line, but Web Albums come a dime a dozen, My Pictures3D Album is unique and far more attractive that any Web album (even with a Slide show), this I thing is your shining light.

Please spend some more quality time with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Flavius.
Unfortunately, we don’t know some things our-selves. Our management has own global plans and business strategy. So we can do our best in research, development and design. But can’t actually choose what to do now, and what later.
I do all I can, every week I have report about main needs, suggestions and bugs. Names of you and Mrali are known by everyone in our department) So we remember about you and the community, although we open our roadmap so seldomly.
This week Artem has said he had advanced in different technical aspects of Shockwave. And now he is building it into My Pictures 3D Album. Beta may be done in October. Release date depends on stability of it.
Nevertheless, new version will remain free. Now we have nor plans not even rumors on making our products cost anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:47 pm 

Thanks Maxim:

I hope that your owners will understand what I have said. You have given us a taste of something amazing and now we want more. That is how things work.

I hope that you will get the time to continue the project.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:47 am 

Hi. Maxim

It is almost the end of October, can we get another update please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Slowly.
I can send you a Shockwave file, which is generated by our current My Pictures 3D exporter. But I have to say straight away there is no gallery geometry, there is only a simple hilly terrain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:42 pm 

Yes, please send it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:20 pm 

Hi Maxim:

Is there a new update?

I think what we need now is some kind of Road Map so that the community can have some type of idea.

With this uncertainty that we are in you will find that your community (user base) will start to get small until you use everyone.

People do not like to be left not knowing what is happening so they will start to look for alternative products and if they find it they will not return.

You guys have a great product but it does not seem that you know that and that even if you are giving it away free, people will get tired and frustrated from no information.

It cannot be good to accept suggestions as good and it will be in a future release when there is no new release at all.

If this is the extent of mypictures 3d album and there will be no more upgrades please let us know, if you are moving ahead with program please give us a realistic Road Map.

Please I do not thing that write on this subject again.

Thanks for a Great Product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:22 pm 

Yeah, some info will be good.
By the way, will it be ready for windows vista?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:37 am 
Site Admin

Hello Flavius and Mrali.

Thanks again for appreciation.

What about Windows Vista, we need to reproduce rare bugs, and then investigate and fix them. By the way, My Pictures 3D works fine here and under my home Windows Vista Business x64.

And we will try hard to make beta version in a week and send it to you.
The next milestone is to release stable version till the end of month.
Well, actually this is the all roadmap we can plan now)
Hope we will meet a tight schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:58 pm 

Sounds good news for all members. Why not list some of the new updates we shall see in the new beta version?

Thanks