VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sharing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:39 am 

I just downloaded My Pictures 3D Album and the Screensaver and created an album. Cool program by the way! I saved the project and then used the share option to export it as an Executable package (self-extracting gallery w/built in player. I also exported it as the Gallery player (stand alone player installer) and also Screensaver (stand alone screensaver installer). All three open and install fine on my computer but won't work on our other computer. Both computers are almost identical on the programs installed and running.

My question, do you have to have the main program My Pictures 3D Album and/or the Screensaver installed for the shared files to work since they run on the computer with them installed and not the other computer?

The exe file pops up a messege that says "pleer.exe is trying to connect to crl.microsoft.com". I get almost the same message installing the Gallery player or Screensaver. Both want to connect to crl.microsoft.com to run. I've even allowed it to connect but it still doesn't run so wondering what the problem is.

I'm very careful about viruses and spyware so a little concerned what the pleer.exe file is and why all programs need to connect to crl.microsoft to run even though they still wont after I allow them to connect. Thanks for any help. I would love this to work so I can send family the gallery or screensaver without having to install the full My Pictures 3D program first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:34 am 
Site Admin

Hello, VickiN!
Thank you for the appreciation!
Yes, actually all galleries you’ve exported must work without My Pictures 3D installed.
And they mustn’t ask about connection to Microsoft’s certificate authority server (crl.microsoft.com).
So this looks like a bug. Our developers will investigate and fix it.