VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Some enhancement requests
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:21 pm 

Hi, I like the program very much and it's very easy to use. I particularly like the WYSIWYG interface. However, there are a few features that would be nice. I wonder if you could let us know if it is intended/possible to implement them, either in future betas or future versions? This list is not in any particular order, just as the items occurred to me. I expect others will be able to think of other possible features.
  1. Easier re-ordering of photos once they are in the album; the present system is not really intuitive, and it might be easier if they could be re-ordered from the main window by drag & drop;
  2. similarly, retitling of images is not intuitive;
  3. space for image comments;
  4. the ability to show EXIF details.
Finally, I have used JAlbum in the past. It is written in Java and so is very slow, and of course it isn't possible to see what the album will look like until it's been rendered into HTML. However, it has a thriving community of users, many of whom produce new template designs. Is it envisaged that this community will become something like that; will we be able to design new templates and pass them on to others?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for appreciation and interesting suggestions!
Very likely some of them will appear already in September. Including official repository for custom design templates. So you can start to create your own based on ours. :wink: