VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: pho.to can you make photos private??
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:06 pm 

Hiya,

I still cant upload my album and havent had a reply to my last post from vicman, but have read a post on here that says the albums are all public. As my album is of my wedding photos I am not sure that my guests would appreciate being all over the internet. So it is probably as well I havent been able to upload.

I love the software and would love to be able to use it to share stuff with friends and relatives who werent at my wedding who would probably love to share the site.

If anyone can answer it would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for feedback and appreciaiton.
Yes, we hadn’t implemented password protection for the web albums yet.
So the only thing I can invent now is to export your album to folder, upload it to your web site (of course, if you have one) and make it password protected. Password protection can be provided by web site hosting company or set up manually.
Anyway, this secirity feature is highly requested, so our web developers will try hard to implement it as soon as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:15 am 

Has this been implemented yet? I downloaded the software and am loving it but I will not be using it if I can't set my photos to private. Also, I was browsing the albums and found some extremely offensive material, is this monitored at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:00 am 
Site Admin

We thought about feature to make albums private. But now we have more important tasks. The offensive material will be monitored - we thought of this problem and we have a solve for it - not to place all the albums on the site, but only decent albums.
And for every user we will return an unique link on his album, not available for other people. We also think about the passwords for the albums.

Thank you for appreciation!