VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New experiences with My Pictures 3D album
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:50 am 

Bad weather - time for testing.

The small errors appears as follow:

1. Your gallery created before can be modified by pgal file. If the file is open the pictures are downloaded from origin directory. Our program MP 3D A create step by step new paths to pictures. Path to picture is possible to see by cursor moving to picture. And there is something wrong. Previous path is doubled. I tried to modify the pictures again.The path to pictures was longer and longer. In the end the program be going down. New path is incorrectly added to older.

2. The pictures may be cropped, fitted or adapted to frames. If you drop more pictures to gallery not every pictures has the same frame layout parameter. Any pictures are fitted, other adapted. This setting should be able to enter against the pictures are moving.

3. Default setting for Cortona viewer (VRML format) is like this (you can see it in Preference menu):

Card: General
Frame: Loading
Wait for all resources: "no"

It means the viewer doesn't load all objects to window. Some textures, pictures etc. can't be visible. Change setting to "yes".

4. The pictures at high - vertical - are stretched to horizontal dimension. This deformation can be corrected for instance as is showed on my web sites:

www.novaczech.com

For all that the MP 3D A is nice surprise for me...

Hi Jirik

Post subject: Re: New experiences with My Pictures 3D album
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

Jirik wrote:
1. Your gallery created before can be modified by pgal file. If the file is open the pictures are downloaded from origin directory. Our program MP 3D A create step by step new paths to pictures. Path to picture is possible to see by cursor moving to picture. And there is something wrong. Previous path is doubled. I tried to modify the pictures again.The path to pictures was longer and longer. In the end the program be going down. New path is incorrectly added to older.

I’ve tried but couldn't reproduce this bug. Could you describe it a little detailed?

Jirik wrote:
2. The pictures may be cropped, fitted or adapted to frames. If you drop more pictures to gallery not every pictures has the same frame layout parameter. Any pictures are fitted, other adapted. This setting should be able to enter against the pictures are moving.

Yes, first time I’ve noticed this, I also thought this is a bug. But later this appeared to be a feature. :wink:

Jirik wrote:
3. Default setting for Cortona viewer (VRML format) is like this (you can see it in Preference menu):

Card: General
Frame: Loading
Wait for all resources: "no"

It means the viewer doesn't load all objects to window. Some textures, pictures etc. can't be visible. Change setting to "yes".

Yes, this can be useful.

Jirik wrote:
4. The pictures at high - vertical - are stretched to horizontal dimension. This deformation can be corrected for instance as is showed on my web sites:
www.novaczech.com

I haven't understood... Could you describe it a little detailed too?..)

Jirik wrote:
For all that the MP 3D A is nice surprise for me...

Thanks for respect. And for whole 4 reports. :wink:

Post subject: pgal modification
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:59 pm 

I try to explain you step by step:

1. To open new gallery.
2. To insert one picture to gallery (see for path = OK).
3. To save pgal file.
4. To close file.
5. To open pgal file.
6. To insert next picture to gallery (see for paths - first is doubled, new one is OK)
Repeat from step 3 to 6.
Next loop = path is longer

Post subject: Picture stretching - deformation
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:37 pm 

The deformation of pictures is connected with wide angle lens. The deformation is more sensible with vertical pictures. The dimension is bigger the deformation is more visible. I eliminate the deformation by passe-partout. The picture is deformed in accordance to dimensions.

Note: Friends informed me about they have funny turn after they see through 3D pictures gallery.

Post subject: Re: pgal modification
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Jirik wrote:
I try to explain you step by step:

1. To open new gallery.
2. To insert one picture to gallery (see for path = OK).
3. To save pgal file.
4. To close file.
5. To open pgal file.
6. To insert next picture to gallery (see for paths - first is doubled, new one is OK)
Repeat from step 3 to 6.
Next loop = path is longer

I couldn’t reproduce this...
Guess, the bug is in paths. What is the path to the pictures?

Post subject: Path to picture
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:37 pm 

If you open pgal file there exists paths (links?) to pictures. All pictures have to be loaded from origin directory to dedicate gallery. The path (link?) appears by the cursor is moving over the picture bottom. I call "path" because the word "link" should be use on web connection.

Note: I tried to perform the procedure (noted above) once again. The paths are really created by wrong way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, yes! I’ve understood this! :wink:
But I think the bug is in symbols of the path. For example when I add images from D:\Pics\ everything works fine.

Post subject: Re: Picture stretching - deformation
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

Jirik wrote:
The deformation of pictures is connected with wide angle lens. The deformation is more sensible with vertical pictures. The dimension is bigger the deformation is more visible. I eliminate the deformation by passe-partout. The picture is deformed in accordance to dimensions.

I’ve visited your site. Me and all our team is impressed! :wink:
Yesterday it was here, just inside our labs. And now it is already used. And looks so nicely. Thank you!
Also your passe-partout is really cool! Simple and cool.
And how it looked like without passe-partout? Could you send me screenshot?

Post subject: Thank's to team My Pictures 3D
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:25 pm 

Me & my friends - photographers - are shocked by your product. Of course, in possitive. I am delighted I could slightly to help you with testing. I believe your team (product) in future obtain good credit or award.

Remain in action...

Good luck

Jiri

Note: Next week (Tuesday) I will create new gallery (exe format) with fullsize vertical pictures. There you can see for wide angle lens deformation when the horizontal dimensions goes to non perspective format. The gallery should be accessible there: http://www.novaczech.com/fullsize.exe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you!
On more nice photo gallery.. :wink:
But I haven’t found deformation you mean... I thought, maybe you mean images are squeezed? So tested My Pictures 3D on this one:
No, it appeared to work fine with this.