VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Red Eye Remover Pro suggestions
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:19 pm 

awesome software! love it!

suggestions...

1. a button to show/hide the selection rectangles? sometimes they make it hard to see what's going on.

2. is there any way RERP could use up less space with temporary files when editing images? i've just finished editing 90 images and it's created 854MB of temp files. that's nearly 10MB per photo!

3. any chance of having a resizable window? i'm not making the best use of my nice high screen resolution and i'm doing a lot of scrolling around images when zoomed in. a maximize button and/or full screen editing would be nice =)

4, a restore button next to the reset button would be nice for those times when the reset button is pressed accidentally!

cheerses,
alex :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:41 pm 

just thought of another one!

when going through a large batch, you might decide that some files actually look better without any processing. however, when you come to "save all as" at the end, it only saves the processed files. i know this is probably the most commonly used option, but it would be good to have a option to save /all/ files, processed or unprocessed.

this would help to keep batches complete when saving them into new folders. otherwise you have to go through all your original images, try and remember which ones you didn't process, find them, then copy them into the output directory. get what i mean? :wink:

thanks guys,
alex :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:46 am 
Site Admin

Yes, got it! :wink:
Nice suggestions!
Already in Suggestions list with First priority. So some of them will probably appear in the next release. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:13 pm 

cool. thanks maxim!

alex =)

Post subject: Re: Red Eye Remover Pro suggestions
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:10 pm 

treaclle wrote:
awesome software! love it!

suggestions...

1. a button to show/hide the selection rectangles? sometimes they make it hard to see what's going on.

2. is there any way RERP could use up less space with temporary files when editing images? i've just finished editing 90 images and it's created 854MB of temp files. that's nearly 10MB per photo!

3. any chance of having a resizable window? i'm not making the best use of my nice high screen resolution and i'm doing a lot of scrolling around images when zoomed in. a maximize button and/or full screen editing would be nice =)

4, a restore button next to the reset button would be nice for those times when the reset button is pressed accidentally!

cheerses,

Great suggestions. I was just going to ask about a resizable window as well. Just wanted to say what a stellar piece of software this has become. I was using a much older version and decided to swing by to see if there was any kind of update. That's when I found the Pro version...and for free as well. I have tried many different red-eye programs/plug-ins in the past, and have never seen one that works better than this one. The new batch processing and auto-detect features are amazing. Please pass on my congratulations to the team responsible for this piece of software. You have saved so many photos....photos I'd have otherwise just scrapped. Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Please keep up the fantastic work, and I hope they will be able to implement some of these changes into an update. Thanks again,

AP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:03 am 
Site Admin

Thank you for this amazing appreciation!
These words will power up all our team for a month of enthusiastic work! :wink:

Post subject: Re: Red Eye Remover Pro suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:02 am 

treaclle wrote:

cheerses,

Thank to Alex for usefull suggestion. I would have the same (still not implemented today, a pitty) especially the resizable window... :cry:

Another one: a button (+ shortkey) to jump from one detected red eye to the next without clicking on it.

For the rest, the red eye detection and correction is so good, you could implement a totaly automatic batch option (without previewing but with customizable parameter) it would work nicely.