VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Web Photo Album 1.2 is released
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

Now Web Photo Album includes built-in photo editing tools and album manager for our photo sharing service. We’ve also added a lot of really cool galleries. :wink:
Note: Because we added much new functionality, version 1.2 only (and higher) will be compatible with Pho.to. To be able to publish your albums on Pho.to, please upgrade to Web Photo Album 1.2.

Last edited by Maxim on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:31 am 

Has anyone gotten a Trojan when updating? I'm really not sure what's happening. I have version 1.1

I uploaded a folder of pictures, pressed Publish, got the two options, Export to Folder or Upload to pho.to. I choose Upload to pho.to. I got the notice that I needed to update Web Photo Album, I said OK. After the download completed I was asked if I wanted to Install and I said OK.

All hell broke loose! The alarm on my Trojan scanning app The Cleaner Pro started blaring and I was told in huge red letters that a Trojan: Agent had been activated. I ran The Cleaner and it found and guaranteed 6 files. After looking them over carefully I decided none were useful or needed and had them all purged. None seem to have anything to do with Web Photo Album.

The icon for the update file for Web Photo Album was on the desk top and not really being sure if it was the cause of the alarm or not I decided I would try to install. I first scanned it with The Cleaner and was told there was no Trojan in the file so I clicked it and all HELL broke loose again!! The Cleaner told me a Trojan: Agent has been activated!

I'm scanning the HDDs now, it's almost complete, and it's not finding any bad files. It's scanning my backup files so I'm pretty sure it won't find any bad files.

I'm sure if I click that update file to install the alarm will go off again. Anyone have an idea of what's going on? I would like to have the update but right now I'm not able to install, The Cleaner won't let me. I don't want to disable The Cleaner in case there really is a Trojan in the file I downloaded. Can anyone clarify any of this for me?

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for detailed report.
But I think this is The Cleaner’s false operation, as we have changed both Web Photo Album and server software at Pho.to, so everybody tested new version carefully on his own computer with his own antivirus. Moreover, till this moment we hadn’t received any more reports about viruses or any similar malware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:14 pm 

OK, thank you for the reply. I may try updating again but it sure is scary to get that alarm and notice. My system is working perfect and I sure would hate to screw it up.

If and when I try the update again I'll let you know what happens.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

OK, thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:54 pm 

Hi Maxim,

I'm a web designer and I like this policy of localizing the design and etc.
So for for the current project I start to use Web Photo Album since it is quite simple and user friendly.

But the project go out of control, my control, since the stupid web designer does do not know how to create icon file in/with Web Photo Album. The structure of the album I design incudes directories, and I simply want to change the default icon used - but with icon made by Web Photo Album.

Regards: "education at alineabg.com"/site is under construction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:48 am 
Site Admin

Thank you for appreciation!
But how exactly can I help? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:28 am 

Later, I see that my question about, was not quite corect, sorry. Is there any more functionality than this one from the online tutorial.

Regards: "education at alineabg.com"/site is yet under construction

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, certainly, tutorial shows only general use case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:25 am 

Ooops, I forgot to come back and report. I did finally go ahead and uninstalled The Cleaner and updated Web Photo Album and all went well

Excellent program. Thank you for making it available.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, thank you too! :wink:

Post subject: Re: Web Photo Album 1.2 is released
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:13 am 

Maxim wrote:
Now Web Photo Album includes built-in photo editing tools and album manager for our photo sharing service. We’ve also added a lot of really cool galleries. :wink:
Note: Because we added much new functionality, version 1.2 only (and higher) will be compatible with Pho.to. To be able to publish your albums on Pho.to, please upgrade to Web Photo Album 1.2.

I just joined the community. The website said you would then be able to get a free registration key for My Pictures 3D. Is that true, and how do you get it? Also, what is My Pictures Toolkit? I didn't see that listed under the Products tab. I also didn't see any option to purchase anything. Is this freeware? Pardon all the questions, just trying to get acquainted with everything. Thanks for any help or information.