VicMan Software Users Community

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Suggestions for Photo Toolkit
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:16 am 

I just bought the toolkit today and I have a couple of issues that would make life a lot easier. For one, I would like to be able to see thumbnails of the pictures in my folder, not just a list of file names. I have hundreds of pictures in a folder and the name is meaningless. Clicking on each name to see the picture is very time-consuming.

Secondly, when I save the files -- even at the highest settings -- I lose all my meta data of when the picture was taken, the camera, its settings, etc. I would like to save all of my file.

I would also like to see in the manual color correction list of choices a marking as to which one would be selected by the automatic mode so that I can tell if I am always in agreement and, therefore, can save time by just selecting the auto correction.

AFter working with the product more, a MUST have is in the batch color correction area. When you have the option to save over your existing files you don't get the opportunity to pick the quality of the jpeg file. This is resulting in overwriting my file with a higher compression. If I use the Save As instead, it works but you have to go through the hassle of selecting the save directory.

Thanks,
Neil

Post subject: Trying to keep this thread alive.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:24 am 

I would like to second the suggestions made by nbreitbard.

Of all of his suggestions the one most important to me is the preservation of meta data. I lose all my meta data even after a simple red eye correction. It's really cumbersome to backup up this data, perform an edit with photo toolkit and then restore the meta data. I expect that most of your customers don't realize that they are losing this data and will very unhappy when they find out.

I would like to congratulate you on a fine program, but please see about correcting this.

Thanks. Mike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

Great collection of suggestions.
Really weighty and constructive.
Don’t promise quick implementaion.
But promise implementaion of all of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

Dear Neil Breitbard.
I’m glad to inform you that our team appreciated your list of suggestions and decided to present you any of our programs.
Please choose the one you like and post your decision here or send it via email.